1: Where are you from originally?
I was born in Bosnia, when I was 9 years old my family and I fled to the US!
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
Anything with a lot of barbell work! Cleans are my favorite…Power cleans that is 🙂
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
Anything with gymnastics. I struggle in this area a lot. I have very little patience with it. Taking baby step progressions to improve.
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
I was a competitive Figure Athlete. I enjoyed working out and training for Figure shows, but I got bored with isolation exercises and needed something more challenging. My husband was into Crossfit and said I should try it.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
I mainly do CrossFit, although I still enjoy a nice long run on the trails every now and then.
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
Generally, 5-6 days.
7. What is your athletic background?
I ran Cross Country and Track and Field in High School. I lifted in College on my own because I wanted to put on muscle. Then started competing in Figure competitions for about 5 years.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
Wow! I was pleasantly surprised at how difficult it was and how out of shape I was. I was sore in places I’ve never been sore, but I wanted to come back the next day and do it again! All the athletes and coaches were so encouraging and helpful. I knew Northlake was going to be my new home. And the rest is pretty much history:)
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
Getting up on the wall to do a handstand after 8 months of being afraid, I love coming into a positive community every morning even when I don’t feel like working out. Something about doing a workout in a competitive environment gives you that extra boost!
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
Be patient nothing worth while happens overnight. You have to put in work to get where you want to be. Trust your coaches and just have fun!!! The hardest part is showing up to the box. Just get there and you won’t regret it.
11. What is your eating style?
I eat about 5-6 clean meals a day. I prep and measure all my meals out. Lots of chicken, steak, fish, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, protein powder, almond butter, etc. I bring my food with me everywhere. This has made a major difference in my performance in the gym. And of course I enjoy a cheat meal here and there to stay sane 🙂
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
I am stronger than ever and feel great! CrossFit has done more for my confidence than I would have ever imagined.
13. What do you do for a living?
I am a personal trainer at a studio.
14. What drive you to be an active family?
I love feeling strong and healthy. I know that taking care of myself will help me be a better wife and dog mom.