1. Where are you from originally?
Born in Redwood City, California, Raised in Los Angeles, California
2. What is your favorite WOD/Movement?
Toes to bar, although I am still working on it.
3. What is your least favorite WOD/Movement?
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about Northlake Bootcamp?
Infrequent running. Facebook post.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides Bootcamp?
My husband and I have been rehabbing our home for several years, as well as the homes of our children. Rehabbing can be physically challenging and we stay very busy as a result.
6. How many times per week do you do Bootcamp?
3-4, with Cardio (running) one day weekly.
7. What is your athletic background?
Played Softball as a child, Started running at age 50. Did the Lake Norman Triathlon at age 51, and the Tobacco Road Marathon at age 52.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at Northlake Bootcamp.
Loved It!! Organized, fast paced, with great instruction and modification. And boy did I need it.
9. Do you have any special or favorite Northlake Bootcamp moments?
Finally completing a box Jump!! Actually being able to do a burpee after several weeks. Being able to do a handstand.
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining Northlake Bootcamp?
Be consistent and patient; it took a while to get here so it’s going to take a while to get the results I want. And don’t compare yourself to anyone but yourself. Everyone’s journey is their own.
11. What is your eating style?
For the last 6 months: Paleo. And because I have been cooking this way for 6 months, my husband is down 12lbs and is looking GOOD.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at Northlake Bootcamp?
Within weeks I noted a great loss of inches to my arms, legs and chest, then noticed the increase in strength, coordination and flexibility. I could do everyday things: squatting, stairs, lifting so much easier than prior to Bootcamp.
13. What do you do for a living?
Registered Nurse working with the Poison Center.
14. What drives you to be an active family?
People who stay active are much healthier and I want my “golden years” to be with as little medication and pain as possible.