1: Where are you from originally?
My parents are from Pakistan but I was born and raised in Kuwait.
2. What is your favorite WOD/movement?
Chest to bar would be my favorite
3. What is your least favorite WOD/ Movement?
Squat Snatches would be my least … because i cant do them 🙂
4. What were you doing before CrossFit? How did you hear about CrossFit and/ CrossFit Northlake?
I was working out at a local fitness center, I did a few Tony Horton videos, got some Shawn T in there as well. I heard about Northlake Crossfit and met Jason at conference I was speaking in. A friend of mine won free foundational classes at the conference and gave them to me. I tried the free class and the rest is history.
5. What other sports or activities do you participate in as a family besides CrossFit?
The occasional 5k runs … usually I get sucked into supporting the varied local causes in the city.
6. How many times per week do you CrossFit?
4 – 5 is a good week
7. What is your athletic background?
figure skater …just kidding. I might have been a decent soccer player.
8. Give us some insight as to your thoughts after your first workout at CrossFit Northlake.
It was hard to have any thoughts besides “Breathe Naeem! keep breathing” But seriously Crossfit has done just as much if not more for me mentally than physically – don’t get me wrong, I’m stronger, fastest, better physically in my 40’s than I was in my 20’s… But mentally crossfit has challenged my impossibilities …what i thought I could never do… i now do for time!
9. Do you have any special or favorite CrossFit Northlake memories/moments?
Well there was that time /times I threw up. I will never forget the day I did Fran for the first time … I was so out of it that Jason asked me to ride with him to pick up his son. Doing my first bar muscle up was a big moment for me.
10. What advice would you give to a newbie or someone just joining CrossFit Northlake?
It’s more than a gym or fitness routine. It is a community in which all of us are cheering and challenging each other to be the best version of ourselves.
11. What is your eating style?
Love me some dark chocolate but I’m mostly paleo expect on the weekends.
12. What kind of results have you seen since starting at CrossFit Northlake?
My jeans don’t fit! But i have more muscle mass, more mobility and more cardio endurance than I have ever had.
13. What do you do for a living?
I help pastor a local Church called Mosaic. I’m also an author and speaker.
14. What drive you to be an active family?
I don’t want anything to hinder us from living life to the fullest!